Sunday, January 13, 2013

Vintage Camera Collection

I love antiquing.  Let's be real.  You can find so many cool things when you take a minute to look around.  Flea markets are also a good place to check, but antique stores are more practical (at least in New England they are).  I seriously had no intention of starting a collection, but when I came home with three vintage cameras after a successful day spent at various antique stores, it was pretty much decided for me.  So far I have 7 in my collection and I intend on getting more.



Kodak: No. 1 Autographic Kodak Jr.
produced 1914-1927
mine from 1921.
takes 120 film. 

Kodak: Brownie Six-20 Camera, Model E
produced 1947-1957. 
Model E's produced from '47-53 had vertical stripes on the front
'53-57 had horizontal stripes.
mine from 1953-57.
takes 620 film.


Kodak: Duaflex II
produced 1950-54
unsure of when mine is from.
takes 620 film.
this might be my favorite camera, I've always found TLRs to be so cool!


Kodak: Instamatic M5 Movie Camera
"for Super 8 movies"
produced 1960s
I saw an ad in a 1966 issue of Life magazine for this; earliest I could find for this camera.
takes Kodapak Movie Cartridges.



Kodak: Brownie Hawkeye Camera
produced 1949-51
takes 620 film.
my grandfather gave me this camera, it was his when he was younger.


Kodak: Baby Brownie Special
produced 1938-1954
takes 127 film.
again, this was from my grandfather


Kodak: Brownie 127
produced 1952-59
mine from '52-55
takes 127 film.
this was from my nana, it was hers when she was younger. she said her brother got it for her.


A lot of the information on this post is from here, and from previous research I did upon first obtaining these cameras.  I'm pretty sure most of them work, the only one I'm really unsure of is the Super 8.  I haven't tried that one yet.  Also, I found a handy tutorial for using 120 film for 620 format cameras, in case you are ever in the same jam I was in!

2 comments: