Wednesday, November 28, 2012

First Snow

Yesterday was the first real snow in Ithaca! It was sticking to the ground, and was lovely.  I got so excited that I grabbed my camera and ran outside, ready to take pictures.  I called on my friend Ryan to go take pictures with me; he is a photographer and blogger as well.  Our friend Ghage came along with us, to sing us songs of the season.

I think that the first snow is always the most exciting and anticipated of the season.  Even having lived in New England all my life, I could barely contain my excitement at seeing the fluffy white flakes falling from the clouds.  Over the past few days it's been a few flurries on and off.  I woke up yesterday and heard someone mention "It's snowing!" and jumped towards the window.  To my disappointment, it was only a couple of flurries which would not be able to stick to the ground.  But late afternoon yesterday, I looked out, and the snow was falling andcollecting in a thin layer on the ground! So very exciting.

Snowflakes in the light





Snowflakes caught in my hair and coat
Credit: Ghage

No comments:

Post a Comment